"Naturopathic medicine supports the body's innate ability to heal itself"
There are confusing arguments out there saying that coffee is good for you, or coffee is bad for you. I think the instinctual thought is that coffee is not a healthy product. Here are 5 reasons why I don't recommend my patients drink coffee.
1. Stimulates the production of cortisol and adrenaline, stressing your adrenal glands, and inducing a detrimental cascade of effects due to cortisol, most notably, to your liver.
2. Increases peristalsis of the bowels, which can lead to diarrhea. As well as acting as an irritant to the lining itself, leading to problems with ulcers and gastritis.
3. Drinking more than 1 cup of coffee per day can increase blood pressure levels.
4. There are over 1000 chemicals in coffee, some which are known to be rodent carcinogens.
5. Decaffeinated coffee is not any better you, as it is decaffeinated through a few methods. Mostly, very toxic methods that leave behind chemical residues.
Listen to your body. If you find that coffee feels good for you, maybe it's not having the same detrimental effects it may inflict on someone else. However, if you feel that you 'must' have your coffee throughout the day to keep you going, that's most likely a sign of dysfunction either in your sleep patterns, or very commonly, your adrenal glands. Which all can be appropriately treated via Naturopathic Medicine via lifestyle alterations, including diet, and nourishing supplementation.
Vancouver Naturopath: Vancouver Naturopathic Doctor Krista Moyer
Dr. Moyer Naturopath Vancouver